Summer Sundae Line Up
Summer in Santa Barbara brings us sweet and luscious organic fresh stone fruits & berries. We are loving them with our Vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream Sundaes. Here are a few ways we are serving up these delicious summer treats at jane on State Street in Downtown, Santa Barbara and at jane at the Marketplace in Goleta (Click here for our full dessert menu).
Farmer’s Market Local Nectarine Sundae
Topped with Fresh Whipped Cream and Homemade Raspberry Sauce
Organic Local Strawberry & Blackberry Sundae
With Homemade Chocolate or Raspberry Sauce & Whipped Cream
The Classic Jane Sundae
With our House Made Almond Toffee, Caramel Sauce & Fresh Whipped Cream
Jane’s Affogato Sundae
With Fresh to Order Organic & Fair Trade Espresso poured over our vanilla soft serve
Jane’s Root Beer Float
Craft Root Beer served over Vanilla Soft Serve
Make these Sundaes at home for your next gathering by simply substituting our soft serve with a delicious vanilla ice cream of your choice. I like Rori’s “Vanilla Bean” best :-)
* 5 Helpful Ways to 'Sauce' up your Sundaes *
Sundaes are great for casual summer entertaining as the prep ahead gives you more time to spend with your guests. These 5 'saucy' tidbits will leave your guests wanting more:
1. Always make fresh whipped cream and sauces for your Sundaes. You will be able to taste the difference. Make the Raspberry, chocolate and caramel sauces ahead and keep chilled until served.
2. Whipped Cream is best served right away or make within a few hours of serving and keep it cold until you are ready.
3. Involve your guests, especially little hands, my daughter loves having a job to do and delights in whipping the cream. Your friends will love choosing their own toppings and making their own custom Sundaes.
4. Choose fruit toppings that are both delicious and beautiful such as local nectarines, peaches or cherries to create a vibrant and tasty party treat.
5. Pick out fun and different glassware. Place them in the freezer before your party to keep your Sundaes colder in the summer heat. Bring them to your guests loaded with ice cream on a platter to continue the fun.
* Easy Caramel Sauce *
1 Cup of White Sugar
6 Tablespoons unsalted Organic Butter
1/2 Cup Organic Heavy Cream
In a heavy bottom sauce pan, on medium heat ; melt the cup of sugar by stirring constantly. Once melted the sugar will turn a light brown/golden amber color. Add the butter while still continuing to stir. Add the heavy cream and continue to stir until it is thoroughly mixed and is your desired thickness. Serve warm or place in a glass mason jar and keep in your refrigerator until ready to serve.
Have fun! Sundaes bring out the joy in everyone, children and adults alike.